Sunday, May 2, 2010

Apple Carrot Ginger Sorbet

Apple-carrot-ginger is one of the greatest juice combinations of all time. It's got a healthy fruity taste with a spicy zing of ginger. I was introduced to it at the farmers markets in London, where I spent a semester in college. There's something very energizing about it. Plus, it's tasty and good for you.  It was only a matter of time before someone "churned" it into a sorbet.

 
Carrot juice and apple juice.

If I had a juicer, I would probably make it from scratch. But I don't, so these ingredients will suffice.


These are apples I didn't use, but I think it's a cool picture. They really are balancing like that.

Recipe:

1 1/2 cups fresh apple juice
1 1/2 cups fresh carrot juice
2 table spoons fresh chopped ginger
1 tablespoon of agave nectar

Combine apple juice, carrot juice, agave nectar, and ginger in a blender. Strain out ginger. Pour in ice cream maker and churn.

No comments:

Post a Comment